Friday, June 20, 2008

CLOSE THE BUFFET, I'M ALL FED UP!



















BY BELINDA M. PASCHAL

The time has come in this GO! writer's life

When she must define what's "too much,"

And so, dear readers, I bring you this week

Some subjects I'll no longer touch:

Naughty pictures of countless young starlets,

Spreading the 'net like a virus;

Showing in public what's best kept in private;

The most recent is young Miley Cyrus!


Playing grown-up, she posed nearly topless
Back in April for Vanity Fair.

Also making the rounds are some sleepover photos

Showing Miley in underwear.


She's Hannah Montana, not Hannah Nicole!

Sure, she made a bad judgment call.

Comparatively speaking, it could be much worse –
Some stars wear no undies at all!

Enough of this stuff!Young stars in the buff!

I'm sick of the hubbub and horror!

Next thing you know, there'll be a peep show
Of Dora the Explorer!

Britney Spears will no longer be gracing this page;

I've grown weary of all her inanity.

No more jokes about K-Fed or Sean P. or Jayden;

No more potshots at her insanity.


Giving Britney attention's like giving rewards

To a toddler who keeps throwing fits.

Let's put her in time-out and simply ignore her

Maybe then she’ll re-gather her wits.


Tom Cruise is another one stirring up headlines

Some say he's a religious nut.

That's his business, I say, and so as of this day,
I am keeping my eyes wide shut!

Cruise and his family now are off-limits

Even though daughter Suri's real cute;
Should I break my word and share gossip I’ve heard,

May Lord Xenu render me mute!

And let's not forget 'bout a redhead named Lindsay,

Whose every last movement is media fare;

The latest reports say she's dating a woman

Hey, it ain't me, so why should I care?


Now Lindsay's whole family is riding her coattails,

Mom and sibs have a reality show, man!

I hope it gets cancelled – and soon – 'cos I'm tired

Of living la vida Lohan!


I, for one, will be glad when Angie and Brad

Have enough kids to start a new nation;

'Cos then maybe they'll buy their own island –
In a far-off, top-secret location!

Amy Winehouse, I'm not touching that one,

Not in print – or with sterilized tongs!

And the same goes for Ms. Paris Hilton,

Whose scandals will outlive her songs.


And last, but not least, we have Ashlee and Jess;

I'm bored with their affairs of the heart.
The only Simpsons who'll get my attention

Are named Homer and Lisa and Bart!

No comments: